About Me

My photo
"i will praise You, o LORD, with my whole heart; i will tell of all Your marvelous works. i will be glad and rejoice in You; i will sing praise to Your name, o Most High." - psalm 9: 1-2

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hiding God's Word in Your Heart -- *Testimony Tuesday!**


It’s Testimony Tuesday and I wanted to share a special video that Roen made this morning.  Every day at breakfast time we do Children’s Church as a family.  We sing songs, read from the Bible, and memorize Bible verses.  We take about 2 weeks to fully memorize the verse and its reference.  We also review the passages of Scripture that we have memorized in past weeks and say them all in a row.  This way we don’t just learn it and forget it.  So far we have memorized 4 verses and we are working on our fifth.  The fun thing is, I’m learning these too!  
We have learned:
 Hebrews 3:4 “For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God.”
John 14:18 “I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you.”
Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
Psalm 47:2 “For the LORD most high is awesome.  He is a great King over all the earth.”
And currently, Matthew 11:28 “Come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
It’s always a good idea and a good practice to memorize Scripture.  There is not one area of life that it doesn’t touch on and offer some kind of wisdom or comfort.  I, personally, love to have God’s word “hidden in my heart” so I can pull it out at any time and be strengthened by it.  This is also something that Derek and I want very much for our children.  
So many times throughout our day we are placed in situations where we might not know exactly what to do or how to respond.  You’ll find your answers in the Bible.  And if you have read it and read it and memorized some of it, you’ll be better equipped to navigate through life.  That is what I truly believe, because I have seen it again and again in my life and in the lives of those around me.  
I hope you’ll take some serious time to sit down, especially with your children, no matter what their age or ability level, and learn God’s word together.
So here he is, Mr. Roen, sharing the verses that he has hidden in his heart.  Keep in mind, he is three years old.  Never underestimate what your children can learn and do!! :-]  


No comments:

Post a Comment