About Me

My photo
"i will praise You, o LORD, with my whole heart; i will tell of all Your marvelous works. i will be glad and rejoice in You; i will sing praise to Your name, o Most High." - psalm 9: 1-2

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Feelin' Fine

We’re finally on the mend – all of us!!  Still have the sniffles, but we’re feeling much better.  The children are back to playing, which is so nice.  But I will admit, I was getting used to them waking up and wanting to sleep again 15 minutes later! 
Church was cancelled Sunday due to the weather.  We’ve been having freezing rain.  I haven’t experienced it yet.  The only time I’ve gone outside in the last many days was to stand on our doorstep while someone picked up some baby socks I was selling (which increased the total on our Mastiff thermometer, I might add! ;]) 
I hope the weather holds off for a few more days!  My bi-monthly solo shopping trip is coming up on Thursday and I don’t want to miss the opportunity!  Derek and I decided trying to take all the children grocery shopping in the evening when he gets off work is too crazy; everyone gets grumpy, we have to rush, rush, rush, and in order to get everything done that we need to, we end up staying out way too late, which makes for cranky, screaming kids.  Shopping on Saturday is out of the question as it takes up our whooole day.  No, thanks. 
So now I go aloooone!  That’s right, I said it… aloooone.  It’s like a spa day for me.  Daddy watches the children and I just get to leave...  what!  I know, I can’t believe it either.  I make up my shopping list, and you know what I do?  I take my sweet time.  I look at EVERYTHING.  I touch EVERYTHING!  I go to Burger King and get my $1 chicken sandwich and my $1.29 strawberry sundae, and you know what I do?  I eat it SLOWLY.  And when I’m done, I just SIT there for a while.  It’s crazy, I know. 
I love my kids and I love my husband, but sometimes I just need to give my brain a rest.  It’s nice to be able to do things at my snail pace and not have to worry about little ones.  Not to say that I don’t think about them, I do.  It’s good for me to get out and miss them so I can come home and be a refreshed mom.  And it’s so nice to not have to multi-task every single second of the day, just for a few hours. 
I’m also looking forward to Thursday because I’m picking up some stuff that I found on buy/sell/trade.  I’m getting obsessed, really!  But this stuff is not all for me.  I’m also getting some baby items for my cousin, who recently delivered her 5th child at 29 weeks!  She needs boy stuff as there is like a 9-10 year span between this new little guy, and her oldest boy.  Their other children are all girls.  Needless to say, she needs some goods.  
I am getting one item that I am particularly excited about, though!  That’s for me.  Kind of… It will actually be used by Hannah… but it will be a big help to me, so it’s like it’s for me.  Isn’t it funny how buying stuff for your children is almost more exciting than buying stuff for yourself?  Weird. 
I have a couple more pending sales.  Hoping to get those taken care of soon.  I’ve learned that the longer a sale is drawn out, the quicker buyers lose interest.  Something else comes up, so they pass.  That’s fine, but I’m killing two birds with one stone here.  I’m getting rid of stuff AND saving up money for something.  I will say this, if you are trying to sell something, local buy/sell/trade is probably the way to go.  Trying to coordinate schedules so you can meet buyers can sometimes be a pain, but it is what it is.  Just do it smart.  Don’t spend more on gas delivering an item than you’re collecting for it, that’s for sure. 
Here’s a quick little update on the children’s happenings:  Audrey so far is the star of the week!  The other night she fell down the stairs :[  Daddy saw it all happen.  He said she was standing on the landing and must have forgotten there were more steps and just kinda went splat!  It was only like 4-5 stairs, but that still hurts, and is very dangerous.  We’re glad she was ok, just scared.  Yesterday she went #1 AND #2 on the potty!!!!  That’s her first time doing both!  YAAAAAY!  She got two treats for that.  She was pretty proud.  So was her big brother.
Roen is busy as usual and Hannah is adorable as usual. 
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment