About Me

My photo
"i will praise You, o LORD, with my whole heart; i will tell of all Your marvelous works. i will be glad and rejoice in You; i will sing praise to Your name, o Most High." - psalm 9: 1-2

Monday, March 4, 2013

Club Roll-Ups & Tootie Frootie Salad - Something I Made Monday RECIPE

Occasionally, I will slip in a tasty recipe as my "Something I Made".  This is what we had for supper tonight. It was fun to make and very filling!!  I doubled the recipe, but it turns out I didn't need to -- we couldn't eat it all!  I hope everyone gets a chance to try this and I hope you enjoy it when you do! :]

**  Club Roll-Ups **


Ingredients:
                   2 cups baking mix
                   1/4 cup water
                   1 egg
                   4 sticks mozzarella string cheese
                   8 slices thinly sliced cooked ham 
                   8 slices thinly sliced cooked turkey 
                   honey mustard and mayonnaise
                   1 tablespoon milk
*Makes 4 servings

I get all my ingredients at Aldi's.  We love that store so much!  I don't know what I would do without it!  Just wanted to add this photo .. I love the company they buy eggs from.  On the inside of every carton they include the Bible verse from Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it."

How to:

1.)  Heat oven to 375 degrees F.  In a medium bowl, stir together baking mix, water and egg until dough forms.  On a surface sprinkled with baking mix, knead the dough about 10 times.  Divide the dough into fourths.  It should look like the photo below, but remember, I doubled my recipe.

2.)  Place a piece of dough on surface sprinkled with baking mix.  Press or roll into a rectangle shape.  In a small bowl, combine honey mustard and mayonnaise to make a sauce.

3.)  Spread each dough rectangle with the sauce.  Wrap each cheese stick with the ham and turkey slices.  Place the bundle lengthwise on one end of the dough and wrap it up; pinch to seal.  Pinch ends and tuck under.  Place the rolls seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.  Brush tops with milk.

4.)  Bake 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.  Enjoy!! :-D

We enjoyed this with some seasoned french fries, a simple lettuce salad, and my Tootie Frootie Salad.  It's a 
salad that I just threw together one day, but it's so good!  All the ingredients compliment each other so well!  You'll love it!

** Tootie Frootie Salad **

Ingredients:
                  2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
                  2 bananas
                  strawberries
                  whipped topping, thawed
                  fruit-flavored mini marshmallows

How To:

1.)   Drain the mandarin oranges in a strainer.  Let them sit while you prepare the rest of the salad to make sure as much liquid drains as possible.

2.)  Slice the bananas and strawberries.  

3.)  In a cute serving bowl, combine all the fruit.  Spoon whipped topping onto the fruit and stir.  Add enough topping so the fruit is all covered.  

4.)  Add the fruit-flavored marshmallows on top.  Stir them into the salad and add more, as needed.    Serve chilled.  Try and eat this without smiling, I dare you!! ;]


                 


No comments:

Post a Comment