About Me

My photo
"i will praise You, o LORD, with my whole heart; i will tell of all Your marvelous works. i will be glad and rejoice in You; i will sing praise to Your name, o Most High." - psalm 9: 1-2

Monday, March 11, 2013

Testimony Tuesday - God's Answer


A while back I had asked you all to pray about something that was on my heart.  Well, God answered that prayer.  He said, “No.”  or at least, “Not right now.”  God does that sometimes.  But no is still an answer and I am ok with that.  For the time being, that door has been shut. 
 
I do believe that God has a different adventure ahead for our family.  Something very similar, and possibly a little more within arm’s reach at the time being.  I’m very excited about this as well, and of course, praying about it.  Will you pray with us?  I know I’m being vague, and it’s probably driving some of you crazy, but I don’t want to rush ahead prematurely if we don’t even know if it’s right for us yet.  I hope you understand. 
This morning while I was reading to the children we came across a verse in Psalms that I just love!  It really fits with what I’m talking about above.  

Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.  Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.
-         Psalm 37: 3-4

I was so excited when I read that!  How fitting!  I know what I want, but more importantly, I need to know what God wants.  I need to trust Him and while I’m waiting to hear from Him, I’m supposed to be doing good, as in service to my family, to others, following God’s word and reading it, etc. etc.  I believe through this verse that God is instructing me to “sit tight” (dwell in the land) and everyday be filled with (feed on) His faithfulness and steadfastness.  I love the fact that when God says He is going to do something, He does it.  The end.  That’s why we call Him faithful.  So, until the time is just right in God’s eyes, I’m going to continue on delighting myself in Him, counting my blessings, seeking after a heart filled with joy and thanksgiving, studying His word and living it out before others (especially my husband and children), and just being excited about every little or huge thing that He does in my life and the lives of those around me.  I’m going to wait patiently until He answers or prayer, and, hopefully, gives us the desire of our hearts.  :]

No comments:

Post a Comment