About Me

My photo
"i will praise You, o LORD, with my whole heart; i will tell of all Your marvelous works. i will be glad and rejoice in You; i will sing praise to Your name, o Most High." - psalm 9: 1-2

Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Big Blessing!


We’ve got some fun family news to share…but first, just a little update on the children and mommie and daddy: 

Hannah has been teething like crazy and chewing on everything.  She’s right on time as our other children both started this at 4-5 months.  All she wants to do is eat.  We started her on baby cereal just a few days ago.  She really enjoys it and smiles after each bite.  I remember tasting that stuff when feeding one of the children one time, just to see what it was like.  I definitely didn’t smile after that bite!!!  But I guess she’s only ever had milk, so she doesn’t know any better.  I’m very excited to start using my new Baby Bullet! 
First Baby Cereal Experience
She just couldn't resist chewing on this
container of frozen cool whip.

Audrey’s favorite things lately are balls and cows.  She loves to play with a ball, and anything round is a ball to her.  She loves to see them in books, in stores, even looking at the window and seeing our dogs ball gets her very excited.  And she’s always got her eyes on our cows.  She is talking more and more and her words are becoming very clear.  She loves to help with any chore you give her.  She can get a little excessive at times, though.  If I ask her to bring me a blanket for Hannah, she’ll bring me 10.  Tonight I painted her toenails.  She loved getting pampered.  After I was done she couldn’t stop looking at her feet. 




Roen is still Roen; busy as always.  Still building with legos and playing with tractors.  This week he is working to memorize the verse Hebrews 3:4 “For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God.”  He’s pretty much got it down.
Roen made this "four wheeler" all by himself.

Momma had a weird day today.  I was feeling very overwhelmed.  I think it was mostly due to the fact that last night the girls took turns waking up and fussing all throughout the night, so I got very little sleep.  Also, yesterday marked 5 months since my brother’s death.  I don’t sit around waiting for that time each month and plan for it to be a downer, but it just happens.  Not sure why it just hit me today because I thought about it all day yesterday.  Hopefully tonight I’ll get some much needed rest.

Daddy had great news as he got to come home half a day early yesterday!  He had a meeting early with his bosses and they offered him a promotion!!  He is now Farm Supervisor! :-D  I’m so proud of him!!  He works very hard, and I’m glad it didn’t go unnoticed.  He has a lot more responsibility on his hands now, but he loves a challenge and he loves to please people.  I know he’ll do great.  Today Derek had another day off, because he was on overtime.  It wasn’t really a day off, though.  He had lots of other “jobs” that he had to do.  Also, he’s not feeling well, and didn’t get much rest today to recover.  I’m so glad about his great news!!  I had been praying for a long time that God would send some kind of encouragement to him.  I think this was it!  Praise God for answered prayers! :]

We've all just been working together preparing for this "big storm" we're supposed to get.  We've been waiting all day for it to start.  I'm actually kind of excited for a good snow!  And I don't even like winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment