About Me

My photo
"i will praise You, o LORD, with my whole heart; i will tell of all Your marvelous works. i will be glad and rejoice in You; i will sing praise to Your name, o Most High." - psalm 9: 1-2

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Date Night!

It's been awhile, a long while, since Derek and I got to go on a date.  His aunt Carol and one of his little sisters, Emma, came over and watched the children so we could go out to eat.  We chose the new restaurant, Teluwhat, in Lake Mills.  It was good.  We got to share dessert, too.  It's so nice to be able to just go out every once in a while.  Thank you, Carol and Emma! 

We also enjoyed a nice visit from Dad and Loretta.  We got to talk about Taylor and they shared some new information that may (or may not) have had an impact on him.  It's still so hard to believe that he's really, really gone.  And the way that he went... it just breaks my heart every time it hits me.  How could he not know how loved he was? 

I always look forward to time with Dad and Loretta because it's a special time to share memories about Taylor and just talk about him.  Yes, sometimes we cry.  But all we have left are our memories..  Most people don't know what to say, so they don't say anything.  That.. is not helpful.  It makes me feel like others are sick of hearing about him.  I'm sure that's not the case, but I WANT to talk about my brother. 

Anyway.. sorry if this post turned out to be a downer.  We really did have a good day.  Very, very thankful for time to spend with family.  I got to read a lot of books to my son, get some cleaning done with my husband, go out just the two of us, and chat with some family members that we love very much!  I thank God for all He has given to us, even for the storms, because He doesn't leave us without help through them.

"For I know the plans I have for you; declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you,  Plans to give you a hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment