About Me

My photo
"i will praise You, o LORD, with my whole heart; i will tell of all Your marvelous works. i will be glad and rejoice in You; i will sing praise to Your name, o Most High." - psalm 9: 1-2

Friday, February 8, 2013

It's Been Awhile..


Wow.. it’s been a while since I’ve posted.  It’s not that I’ve been terribly busy, but Derek has worked late every night this week.  It’s been wild.  We really miss him when his schedule gets messed up, especially me. 
Nothing too exciting this week… here is a little bit to bring you up to speed…
Monday I was so exhausted all day!!  I think I stayed up way too late the night before, then Hannah was up in the night.  The last four nights she’s been waking up at about 3-4 am.  She went from sleeping all through the night to waking again…??  Why!!!!  
When Carol was here to babysit for us while we went on a date, she told me about this Live Healthy Iowa thing that she’s doing at work, and explained this little exercise routine to me.  You walk for 60 seconds, then jog for 90 seconds, and keep alternating for a period of time.  I thought that was something I could definitely handle, especially after being so out of shape from having another baby!  I can even go round and round inside our house because all the main rooms are connected. 
So we set the timer for 15 minutes and set a stopwatch.  The children think it’s great fun!  They chase me around or sit on the furniture and wait for me to go by and say, “peek-a-boo!”  I go through the kitchen, dining room, living room, and front entry way, walking for 60 seconds and then jogging for 90, walking for 60, jogging for 90, etc., etc. for 15 minutes.
It feels really good after I’m all done, but it wears me out!  After the first time I was even more exhausted than when I began (naturally…).  But I figured… that’s ok.  I’ll take a nap when the kids do.  Turns out they had other plans.  It was one of those conspiracy, “hey, mom’s tired, let’s not take a nap today!!” days.  :[  Needless to say, we couldn’t wait for daddy to get home.  As soon as he walked in the door, I told him I was going to take a shower and go to bed.  And I did.  I was asleep by 8:30.
Tuesday we tried it again.  Seems like that time was a lot harder for me than the first.  Not sure why.  It didn’t seem to take as long that time, though.  I got through it and it felt really good afterward again.  I think this will really work for us because sometimes I just can’t get out.  Like right now, the weather is too icky.  And it’ll be nice this summer to do it indoors when the weather is too hot.  (I’m also looking forward to riding my new bike I got for Christmas!!!)
A couple nights ago I had a really good phone conversation with my brother-in-law, Austin.  He’s moving to Denver, Colorado shortly.  We’re going to miss him, but I’m sure he’ll visit often!  And maybe that will give us an excuse to go to Denver!!  OOoOoOoOoO…  We talked a lot about Taylor.  It was good.  Thanks, Aust. 

On a totally different note, does anybody else love how their children play?  One of my favorite things is to happen upon Roen’s little toy set ups and just try to imagine what his little 3-year-old brain was thinking when he put it all together.  I love how he sets things up and the care that he puts into it.  And the things he finds interesting or special..  he cracks me up.  Here is an example, his little lego creations.  (I built the house)  but he has another house with a little dog inside that he made and the rims from all the lego tires that he asked me to remove…  haha I love it.  I could play legos all day, by the way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment